Ensuring your text is as good as it deserves to be
Even those with the keenest eyes can struggle to find subtle mistakes buried deep within their own work and, if a mistake slips through, readers and customers can lose confidence in you and your business. As a proofreader, I act as that potential reader or customer, looking at your text with fresh eyes.
- 13 years’ experience
- High-level error-spotting skills
- Easily contactable
What I Do
What I check depends on your specific project, but I will generally cover the following:
- Spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Page numbers
- Consistent style
- Images, captions and labels
How I Do It
- I work either on individual projects or businesses can hire me on a retainer basis. This ensures I am always available to meet your proofreading needs.
- I indicate suggested changes using PDF notes or Word tracked changes. You do not have to make these changes; it is entirely up to you.
- I use New Hart’s Rules or your own style guide.
- I am always available to discuss any of my suggestions with clients.
What I Proofread
- Promotional material
- Cover letters
- Social media posts
- Annual reports
- … and lots more!