Why deal directly with a translator instead of an agency?
- You communicate with one person, me, the translator carrying out your work.
- I understand the nature and importance of your text.
- If you have a number of texts, you may want the same style throughout. I can ensure consistency, whereas an agency may not even use the same translator.
- Agency staff are often dealing with numerous translations at the one time. Your translation is my priority.
- By dealing directly with me you cut out the agency’s mark-up and pay a better price for your translation.
- I will only do a translation I know I have the skills and knowledge to complete. Agency staff rarely turn down a translation, even if this means giving it to an unsuitable translator.
How much do you charge for translation and transcreation?
Please use the contact page to discuss your needs with me and I will provide you with a quote.
How do I pay?
How long will my translation take?
Who needs proofreading?
- Websites and blogs.
- CVs and job application letters.
- Dissertations for both English-speaking and foreign students.
- Yearly reports.
What do you check?
What about style guides?
How much do you charge for proofreading?
Please use the contact page to discuss your proofreading needs with me.
How do I pay?
Who needs tuition?
Students might need tuition for a number of reasons:
- The student may have recently moved schools and be behind his/her new classmates.
- The student may be, or have been, off school due to illness and need to catch up on work missed.
- The student may benefit from individual tuition to deal with specific areas of weakness.
- The student may be feeling out of his/her depth before the exams. Please use the contact page to discuss your tuition needs with me.
What do you teach the student?
After discussing with you and the student what his/her individual needs are, we will work on areas of weakness. Activities are designed to improve the four skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing), increase vocabulary and confidence and work on exam technique.
Does the student come to you or do you go to the student?
Normally the student will come to my home as I have all of my resources here. However, I am willing to travel up to five miles from my home location in the south of Edinburgh.